Tuesday, June 7, 2011

"Hipster Boyfriend" at Free Press Summer Fest 2011

10. Ani DiFranco’s Dick (Not listed)
Of course I was intrigued by the name. Who wouldn’t be? But what’s in a band name? I missed a couple songs of an incredible break-out Fleet Foxes show at Pitchfork a few years ago, because I wanted to check out a band with “fuck” in the title. Huge mistake. Checking out Ani DiFranco’s Dick was no mistake. The punk band had made a long journey from Oakland, was admittedly hungover and playing in 100 degree heat in the early afternoon on a small stage. The lead singer was a sweetheart and they have less than 25 Twitter followers. How could you not root for them? Their songs were clever, fast, fun and I loved the “hipster boyfriend” track I posted here. 7.5/10
-Festival Crashers

No comments:

Post a Comment